The productivity in service and operation describes the ability to which costs and in which time the organisation is able to maintain an application (self-development, COTS software).
With our investigation on productivity you will be provided with notices on the evaluation of the status quo of your organisation. The results on productivity do not create an immediate advantage; but they are an essential basis for the preparation of further decisions in the company.
The following enumeration gives you a first insight:
- Creation of a calculation basis for a product
- Creation of a calculation basis for annual planning (Product portfolio management)
- Support in medium-term planning
- Basis for cost- and time optimisations in maintenance and operation
- Support in the decision "Make or Buy"
In order to determine the prductivity we make use of provided products. Information on the scope of functions and of previous maintenance need to be available in order to make recalculations.
This approach has a lot in common with the method of function point analysis of bc. Depending on the number of selected developments the effort is multiplied for the review to identify the actual effort (PD) and cost rates the support of cost and performance accounting and of IT controlling are required.
- Evaluation of productivity (Run)
- Specification of productivity indicators
- Evaluation of productivity: Operating time (Run)
- Estimation of productivity for the operating time: FP/PM
- Evaluation of development costs: EUR/FP (Run)
- Estimation of productivity for the running costs: EUR/FP
The realisation is as following:
|Data analysis – Option A: Requirements are documented|
|Data analysis – Option B: Requirements are not documented|
|Presentation||The handover of results is|
a) in written form (presentation)
b) a group presentation for all participants
The consultancy services of bach consulting consist of the following:
- Conduct of analysis
- Evaluation of productivity
- Documentation of results
- Presentation of results
The services are classified into four categories. The package "Individual" can only be evaluated after the initial briefing of volume and costs.
bc Productivity Run Small
|up to 100 FPs||2-3 days|
bc Productivity Run Medium
|100 FPs < P <= 250 PT||5 days|
bc Productivity Run Large
250 FPs < P <= 1.000 PT
bc Productivity Run Individual
|P > 1.000 FPs||>10 days|