bach consulting supports logistics companies to achieve higher profits in accordance with supplied customer benefits. Our service covers all areas of letters, containers, warehouses and themes of strategy development up to the implementation. bc prepares solutions for IT related challenges for the main actors of this sector: Tourism, transport and logistics
The logistics providers have had to contend with numerous challenges for years as for example:
- missing sales orientation and sales management in mature markets
- poor success rates for international, complex tenders
- dynamic development of fuel price and effective surcharges
- problems with long-term predictions due to large contracts with long contract terms.
- decline in orders of port companies and forwarding agencies, which results in price wars and are harmful to the companies.
- conclusive process optimisations
- product development and cost optimisation in connection with the deregulation of the postal market
- price optimisation in freight transport
- global sales and bidding processes for multinational tenders
In this context, the IT is the basis for sustainable and efficient business processes respectively the basis for new products and innovations. The role of IT is to provide contributions to efficiency increase and cost optimisation and to make forecasts about the potential of innovations in a permanent process.
Solutions of bc
bach consulting supports its customers in the transport & logistics sector in all questions concerning the IT development, IT operation, sales and controlling. Thereby we focus on solutions on the following topics:
- Transparency of IT costs
- Efficiency and cost reduction
- Economic value added of the IT
We support our customers in the process of
- Evaluation and optimisation of IT strategies
- Industry 4.0: The Internet of things and services
- Assessment and prioritisation of development measurements (IT portfolio management)
- Business case calculations
- Make or Buy decisions (proprietary vs. COTS software)
- Support of the controlling of suppliers
- Conception and implementation of key number systems
- Evaluation of product portfolios and support in the due diligence
- Integration of customers, suppliers and companies into the value-added chains
You can find further information in Solutions or alternatively please do not hesitate to contact us!
bc case study